- 3 pounds russet potatoes, thinly sliced, soaked in salted water and drained
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- In a gallon plastic storage bag, combine smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry the potatoes in batches and drain briefly. Transfer to the plastic bag of spices and shake to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.