- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or powdered cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 24 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- In a gallon plastic storage bag, combine cheddar, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a deep, heavy-bottom pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tortillas into quarters and fry in batches until golden and crispy. Transfer to a rack to drain and cool slightly.
- Add tortilla chips to the plastic bag and shake to coat with seasoning. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.