Wavy Sour Cream and Onion Chips
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, thinly sliced with a wavy cutter, soaked in salted water and drained
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- In a gallon plastic storage bag, combine buttermilk powder, onion salt, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and chives. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry the potatoes in batches and drain briefly. Transfer to the plastic bag of spices and shake to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.