If Dominique Ansel can make frozen s'mores, so can we with ice cream covered in wafers and topped with seared marshmallows.
- 2 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1 sleeve chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- Marshmallow cream/fluff
- Wooden chopsticks
- Allow ice cream to sit at room temperature until softened.
- Line a square baking tin with plastic wrap. Evenly sprinkle half of the crushed chocolate wafers over the base of the pan.
- Add ice cream on top, and smooth out into one even layer. Top with remaining crushed chocolate wafers, and place in freezer to harden overnight.
- Remove from freezer, and place ice cream on a cookie sheet. Working quickly, dip a knife into hot water, and cut 12 even, rectangular pieces. Place back in the freezer to re-harden (30 minutes to 1 hour).
- Heat marshmallow cream for 15 seconds in the microwave to soften.
- Insert a wooden chopstick towards the middle of one ice cream block. Place remaining ice cream blocks back in the freezer to prevent melting.
- Working quickly, use a butter/pallet knife to spread an even layer of marshmallow cream all over the ice cream. Use a blowtorch to brown the marshmallow cream to your liking. Enjoy right away!