You're gonna get hooked on these cheese-stuffed hamburgers laced with nacho cheese Doritos.
- 1 1/2 cups Nacho Cheese Doritos, finely crushed
- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Green leaf lettuce
- Red onion
- In a large bowl, add crushed chips, ground beef, egg, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cayenne. Mix well.
- Divide the meat into 4 portions, shaping into 1-inch thick patties. With your thumb, make an indent the middle of each patty. Add 1/4 of the cheese cubes to each patty. Gently pull the meat over to cover the cheese.
- Place on a sheet tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a cast-iron pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add the hamburger patties. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip burgers, and cook for another minute.
- Transfer pan to oven, and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Place on buns and top with leafy greens, tomato and onion.