- 1 pack chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 pot buttermilk/yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- + any dried herbs you like
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large bag Doritos, bashed up
- Vegetable oil for frying
- The night before, mix the buttermilk with the mustard, salt and pepper, dried herbs and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly. Leave to marinade.
- When ready to cook, heat your oil to 165c. While it's heating, stir together the flour, baking powder, onion powder and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Shake excess buttermilk off the chicken and dredge in the seasoned flour. Then roll in the egg and finally roll in the doritos.
- Deep fry until golden for about 15 minutes per piece and then drain on kitchen paper.