- 1 cup Doritos of any flavor
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onion
- Add Doritos to a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add beef, egg, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the crushed Doritos. Mix until combined.
- Gather half the mixture into a ball and press into a large patty.
- Make a small indent in the center of the patty, add about 4 pieces of cheese and seal shut with more meat. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Lightly coat the patties with remaining Doritos crumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add burger patties and cook until golden on both sides.
- Remove from pan, add to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and build burgers.