- 2 cups Dr Pepper
- 4.5 ounces Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 envelope unflavoured Gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Begin by reducing the Dr Pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. You'll need the liquid to reduce by half. Once reduced, remove from heat and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add in 1/4 cup of the Dr Pepper mixture and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine and create a dough. Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into balls and place on prepared trays. Flatten the balls slightly with your fingertips and then using your thumb create an indent in the center. Bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden and then let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the jelly, combine the gelatine and cold water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Then heat back up the remaining reduced Dr Pepper and add the gelatine melting it completely. Place in a bowl and let cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled slightly and begins to thicken pour into the indents of the cookies and then let set at room temperature completely for 40 minutes.