- 5 pounds fully cooked, smoked ham
- 1 can Dr Pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- Loaf of pre-sliced sourdough
- Whole grain mustard
- Swiss cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Make shallow cuts in a diamond pattern all over the ham.
- Combine soda, brown sugar, orange juice and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour glaze mix over the ham. Cover with heavy duty aluminum foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and baste. Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let ham rest for 15 minutes then cut into thin slices.
- Butter one slice of bread, and place butter side down on hot pan. Spread mayo and mustard on top. Layer cheese and ham. Place other slice of bread on top and butter. Cook 3 minutes per side. Enjoy.