- ¾ cup water
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup (2-ounces) corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Purple food coloring, as needed
- Cornstarch, as needed
- Doughnut-shaped silicone mold
- Candy Thermometer
- In a pot, add the water, sugar, corn syrup, vinegar, and food coloring; mix together.
- Heat to 250 degrees and bring to a boil.
- In the doughnut-shaped silicone mold, pour the mixture into each mold, and cool in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
- Once chilled, remove each ring from the mold.
- Spread the cornstarch out on a baking sheet.
- Place the “doughnuts” on the prepared cornstarch, and coat with cornstarch.
- With your hands, wrap the ring around and around to make a larger, wider ring. Keep wrapping over and over while spreading out the ring so it becomes stringy. Pull apart and spread it out with both hands so it forms thin, airy strings.
- Once it becomes stringy, add it on top of your favorite jelly, pudding, or ice cream. This time we used almond jelly.
- Serve, and enjoy!