- 10 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add potatoes to a large pot of salted boiling water.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes and add butter, chives, sour cream, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes into each cavity and press down. Sprinkle each with cheese and and bacon pieces.
- Add another layer of mashed potatoes to fill cavity. Repeat until all cavities are filled.
- Cover all the mashed potatoes with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan. Top each potato bite with a dollop of sour cream, more chives and bacon bits.