- 1 carrot cake box mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ice cream cones
- 1 container buttercream frosting
- 2 packs orange candy melts, melted
- 2 jars orange sprinkles
- 1 writable tube green chocolate, warmed
- 1 box Oreos or brownies crushed for dirt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven-safe wire rack on top. Grease a small loaf pan.
- Prepare carrot cake according to box directions.
- Stand ice cream cones upright in slots of wire rack, stabilize the bases with tin foil wrapping. Fill half of each cone with cake batter. Bake approximately 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Top each cone with a small mound of icing to resemble an ice cream scoop. Return to wire tray and freeze for 15 minutes. Dip chilled cone into melted orange candy, holding the pointed end of the cone with your fingers.
- Over a large bowl, cover the cone with orange sprinkles. Freeze on parchment paper, icing side down. On another parchment-lined baking sheet, create the grass tops with melted green candy melts, using a piping bag and grass tip. Freeze until ready
- Fill a terracotta pot with crushed Oreos or broken brownie bits as “dirt” and “rocks”, leaving room to plant one carrot. Fill the sides of the carrot and voila!