- Cookie Dough:
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, plus extra for dusting your surface
- Cream cheese
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh blackberries
- Turmeric powder
- Bake the cookies: Place the pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixture until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Add the flour, beating until just combined. If the mixture is too dry, add up to 1/4 cup of water. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead a couple times until it comes together. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch-thick and cut out with mini easter cookie cutters. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make the icing: Melt the cream cheese in the microwave fror 5-10 seconds, until it has a yogurt-like consistency. To make pink icing, microwave some fresh raspberries until bubbling. Strain to remove any seeds. Add a couple drops to the cream cheese. Use the same technique with the blackberries for purple icing. For yellow icing, add a pinch of turmeric powder to the cream cheese. Spread onto the cookies and enjoy!