- 1 apple
- 120 milliliters water
- 50 grams sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 grams salted butter
- 1 tablespoon potato starch (combine with 1 tablespoon water and set aside)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (20 centimeters x 10 centimeters)
- Egg wash (combine 1 egg yolk with 1 teaspoon milk)
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the apple and cut into 1 centimeter cubes.
- In a saucepan, combine apples and butter and cook until apples start to become glossy. Add in water, sugar and lemon juice and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add potato starch slurry and cinnamon and cook until thickened. Pour into a metal tray and let it cool. Divide into four equal parts.
- Cut puff pastry into 10 centimeters squares. Put one portion of apple mixture onto the puff pastry.
- Brush the edges with egg wash. Fold the pastry to enclose the apple filling. Secure the edges by pressing with a fork.
- Deep fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown.