- 1 box white cake mix, prepared
- 2 pints strawberries, trimmed
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Strawberry jam, for garnish
- Bake the box cake mix in two 8-inch round pans and allow to cool completely.
- Slice about 10 strawberries in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Place a piece of acetate around an 8-inch cake board and tape it closed. Place a 3/4-inch slice of cake at the bottom of the acetate. Place the strawberries around the edge of the acetate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the cream cheese.
- Slowly add in condensed milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour over the cake and the strawberries and level the top.
- Pipe large dollops of filling in concentric circles around the top of the cake.
- Place the cake in the freezer and allow to set for 3 hours.
- Pipe on some whipped cream in between the dollops of filling and top with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately, with strawberry jam if desired.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE