- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 ounces) package Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing or bulk
- 1/2 (5 ounces) bag baby spinach
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 10 curly lasagna noodles, broken in half or thirds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella
- Small handful basil
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch high-sided skillet. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Toss in the sausage. Cook, while stirring and breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach by handfuls and cook until softened. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the pan and gently submerge in the sauce by pressing them down with your wooden spoon. Cover with water. Turn heat to medium, cover skillet with a lid, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is softened.
- Remove lid and dollop with heaping tablespoons of the ricotta. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella and grated Parmesan. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.