- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a double-boiler until smooth. Remove from the heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter for about 1 minute on medium-high speed.
- Once smooth, add sugar on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in vanilla until incorporated and set aside.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the melted chocolate, followed by the dry ingredients, to the creamed butter using a cup measure or large spoon. Once combined, fold in marshmallows, nuts and salted caramel sauce until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving for best results.
- Serve alone or chill and use to make ice cream sandwiches.