- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- Sliced bread, toasted and buttered
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Separate egg yolks from whites. Add whites to a large bowl and yolks to individual ramekins.
- Season whites with a pinch of salt then whip with an electric mixer until stiff peaks appear. Plop 4 small piles of egg whites onto the prepared parchment paper. Use a spoon to make a small nest for each yolk. Bake for 3 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Remove from oven and plop a yolk into each nest. Season each with a pinch of salt.
- Return to oven and bake about 3 minutes, until the edges of the yolks just start to set but the center is still runny. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with buttered toast and crisp bacon.