- 1 cup of Italian 00 flour
- 1/2 cup of semolina flour
- 5 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of ricotta
- 1/2 cup of wilted spinach
- 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- Fresh nutmeg, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 egg yolks
- Add the two flours to a bowl with the olive oil and egg yolks then mix until it clumps together.
- Slowly add the water until all of the flour is absorbed.
- Knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Make the ravioli filling while you wait dough chills.
- Cut pasta dough in half and roll out each one into two thin sheets.
- Pipe a small, circular wall of ricotta mixture in the middle of the dough. Drop an egg yolk in the middle.
- Brush a bit of water around the edges, then lay the second piece of pasta dough over the top, sealing it with your hands.
- Cut out large ravioli shapes with a cookie cutter, and cook for 2 minutes in salted, boiling water.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together (excluding the yolks) until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the ricotta mixture to a piping bag.
- Reserve egg yolks for assembly of ravioli.