- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, chopped, for garnish
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pulse then puree dates until a paste forms. Add almond butter, instant espresso, vanilla extract and molasses and combine until smooth. Roll tablespoon-sized portions of the dough into balls, and roll balls in cocoa powder and chopped espresso beans. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.