- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- Decorative sprinkles, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottoms and sides of three 9-inch round pans of your checkerboard cake set. Place divider ring in the pans, following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Prepare the two cake mixes to the package instructions.
- Spoon batter into each compartment of the cake pan, alternating flavors.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen side of each cake from the pan and turn upside down onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Using a thin layer of frosting between layers, stack cake layers so outside colors of cake alternate. Place cake onto a rotating cake stand. Frost the sides and top of cake and decorate with sprinkles before serving.