- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 pounds potatoes, skin on
- 4 bay leaves, torn in half
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 rosemary stalk, leaves picked and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a round 9-inch dish.
- Slice the potatoes thinly using a mandoline. As you slice, stack the potatoes in piles. Place them in the dish starting from the outside, building a circle around the edge of the dish and then into the middle. The potatoes should be standing on their edges like dominoes.
- Place the bay leaves between some of the slices.
- In a bowl, add the cream, garlic, thyme leaves and rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes and cook for 1 hour until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- If desired, turn the oven up to 350 degrees and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes to crisp the tops.