- 6 sheets puff pastry dough, thawed
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon large flake salt
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, scallions, chives, salt, and lemon juice. Set in the fridge while you prepare the croissants.
- In a small bowl, mix sesame seeds, poppy seeds, salt, onion and garlic flakes. Set aside for the top of the croissants.
- Assemble the croissants: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Divide each of the puff pastry sheets into two pieces lengthwise. Fold each strip in half lengthwise and roll on top of the square to create extra flaky layers. Place 3 tablespoons of cream cheese filling in the center and roll up. Brush with egg and top with seed mixture. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to proof up to one hour.
- Place croissants in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Enjoy.