How to Meal Prep with Zoodles
Zoodle your way to healthier alternatives all week long! The perfect pairing with an ice cold Michelob ULTRA - only 95 calories and 2.6 carbs. Sponsored by Michelob ULTRA.
- 1 ½ pounds of spiralized zucchini (about 3 mm thick noodles)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ⅓ cup flour (optional to substitute gluten-free)
- ¼ cup cornmeal, finely ground
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- Basil, freshly picked
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite roasted veggies (such as mushrooms, eggplant, bell peppers, caramelized onions, squash, tomatoes, corn, cauliflower or brussel sprouts)
- ½ cup pesto, for serving
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Heat 10-inch cast-iron pan over medium to high heat.
- In a bowl, mix together spiralized zucchini, salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, squeezing out excess water, and discarding periodically.
- To prepare crust: Mix together drained zucchini noodles, cornmeal, eggs, a half cup Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Stir to coat evenly. (If mixture is too wet, add a bit more flour or cornmeal)
- Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil into the pan. Pile zucchini mixture into the pan, lightly pressing with a spatula to form a circular “pizza”. Turn heat to high and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pop in the oven to cook for another 15 to 17 minutes.
- Top pizza with any mixture of toppings you’d like. Slather “crust” with sauce, then layer with a few basil leaves, slices of mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, roasted veggies and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake pizza for another 5 to 10 minutes until caramelized, bubbly and slightly crispy.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly before slicing, and serving with pesto.
- ½ cup chili oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup peanut butter, creamy
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound of spiralized zucchini noodles (about 3mm thick)
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 2 cups blanched and chopped veggies (such as broccoli, bok choy or spinach)
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- 1 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- Fresh herbs (such as sliced scallions, cilantro and basil)
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chili flakes for serving (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heated over medium to low heat, cook garlic in chili oil until fragrant about 2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and cook another minute until nutty and toasted.
- Stir in soy sauce, honey, and rice wine vinegar then bring mixture to a gentle simmer.
- To assemble: Toss noodles with warmed peanut sauce and layer into bowls with spiralized veggies, peanuts, bell pepper and chicken breast.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- 3 zucchinis (about 2 pounds in total)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup crumbled feta (optional to use Parmesan, goat cheese or cheddar)
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- Fresh herbs, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spiralize zucchini into 3 mm thick noodles and toss together with cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- On prepared baking sheet, build nests spiraling and layering with cheese. Make sure to leave a little hole for your egg to sit in. Crack egg in the center. Season with salt and pepper, then bake for about 10 minutes until egg whites are set.
- Serve as is, or over an English muffin with fresh sliced avocado, and sliced herbs if desired.