Veggie burgers can't even compare to this burger with a crispy, flavorful falafel patty.
- For the patties:
- 1 (15 ounces) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the rest:
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 6 Cucumber slices
- 1 teaspoon Mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 Red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine all falafel patty ingredients in a food processor. Divide the mixture, and form two patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry on both sides until golden brown. Set aside to drain on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, and chopped mint.
- To assemble, place the falafel patties on bread buns, top with yogurt sauce, red onion, and cucumber.