- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (approximately 105 degrees)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour (16 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer attached with the dough hook, add water, yeast and sugar and allow to proof for approximately 5 to 7 minutes until foamy.
- Add butter, bread flour and salt and mix to combine.
- Increase speed and knead for 7 to 8 minutes until dough appears shiny and elastic and pulls away from the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a large well oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot and allow dough to double in size, for approximately 2 hours.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking sheets and set aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions and on a lightly floured surface, roll into logs approximately 8 by 2 inches.
- Divide the logs onto the two prepared sheets and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Allow the breadsticks to double in size, approximately another hour and a half.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Bake proofed breadsticks for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and remove from the oven.
- Immediately brush with butter and top with garlic salt and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy with your favorite salad or soup.