Ferrero Rocher Brownies
What's not to love about fudgey brownies stuffed with your favorite nutty chocolate candy?
- 2 (4 ounce) semisweet chocolate bars, finely chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 whole Ferrero Rocher candies, unwrapped, plus 2 chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 square baking pan with greased wax paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each side.
- Add 4 ounces of chopped chocolate and butter to a medium bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until melted.
- Whisk in the sugars and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until blended. Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder until combined. Pour a very thin layer of batter into prepared baking pan and then dot with 16 Ferrero Rocher candies, spacing evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add remaining chopped chocolate to a heat-proof bowl. Add heavy cream to a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute until steaming. Pour cream over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Whisk together until chocolate is blended and melted.
- Pour chocolate over the top of the brownies. Garnish with chopped candies.
- Let set before slicing into squares.