Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake Slice
Say no to drugs. Say yes to this Ferrero Rocher cheesecake.
- For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups biscuits
- 5 Ferrero Rocher
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 35 oz cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 6 Raffaello
- 6 Ferrero Rocher
- For the ganache:
- 10 1/2 oz milk chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- To decorate:
- 15 Ferrero Rocher
- 10 Raffaello
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a square 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until finely ground, then add the Ferrero Rocher and process again until finely ground.
- Add the melted butter and process until just mixed.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared cake pan and press it down with a glass or the back of a spoon so that it’s smooth and compacted. Put the pan in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, sour cream and almond essence.
- Use an electric hand mixer to beat together until smooth.
- Wrap two layers of foil securely around the outside of the cake pan, covering the bottom and up the sides to prevent any water seeping in. Place the pan in a deep oven tray or dish to act as a water bath.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the cake pan, and add the Ferrero Rocher and Raffaello. Cover the top of the pan loosely with foil, then put the whole thing in the oven.
- Pour boiling water into the water bath, so that it comes halfway up the cheesecake.
- Bake the cheesecake for 90 minutes, until just set. It should have firm sides but still wobble in the middle when you move the tray. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake stand in oven for one hour, then remove the cake pan from the water bath and leave the cheesecake to cool in its pan.
- Place cheesecake in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is fully chilled and set, carefully remove it from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate, making sure all of the pieces of chocolate are submerged.
- Let it stand for 1 minute, then begin to whisk slowly, from the middle, until it forms a silky ganache.
- Let it cool and firm up in the bowl, until it reaches a spreading consistency.
- Spoon it on top of the cheesecake and spread it to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Decorate by pushing Ferrero Rocher and Raffaello into the ganache, alternating between the two.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge to set for 1 hour, then serve.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE