Festive Potato Bake
Ben and Mike make a festive recipe featuring some of Mike's least favorite ingredients!
- 2 white onions
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 250 grams smoked streaky bacon
- 150 grams shelled chestnuts
- 800 grams baby new potatoes
- 200 grams brussel sprouts
- 50 grams blue cheese, grated
- 300 milliliters double cream
- 1 chunk Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 handful breadcrumbs
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 handful peas to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Quarter the new potatoes, skin still on, and add to a frying pan to sauté for 10 minutes until golden and partially cooked through.
- Peel and slice the onions, then fry in another pan with the oil for a few minutes. Take the leaves off the thyme and chop, adding to the cooking onions.
- Cut the bacon into strips and tip into the pan as well for a minute or two.
- Peel the outer leaves off of the brussel sprouts and wash well. Grate the brussels using a food processor or slice thinly by hand. Hack the chestnut up into pieces.
- Scatter all the prepared ingredients and crumbled blue cheese into a large roasting dish.
- Splash in a little water then pour over the cream to almost cover the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese and put into the oven for 20-25 minutes until it is golden on top and the potatoes are cooked, then sprinkle with parsley and serve with some simple steaming peas.