- 4 cups cooked day-old white rice
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar (spiced vinegar is a plus!)
- Vegetable oil for pan
- Heat a pan to medium and drizzle enough oil to coat the pan. Add garlic and serrano chili and stir to cook.
- Once the garlic is fragrant and golden brown, add chicken, soy sauce, and vinegar. Stir well and allow to slightly fry until the liquid has evaporated and the chicken is a little crispy. Add more oil if needed.
- Add a little more oil and mix in the rice. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.