- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons annatto powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork butt, thinly sliced
- For the rice:
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Oil for pan
- Fried egg to serve
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Be sure to evenly mix the pork into the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and all it to cure in the fridge for 3 days.
- To cook the rice, heat oil in a pan on medium and cook garlic, until golden brown and slightly crispy. Lower the heat and add cooked white rice. Season with salt and stir well. Set aside.
- Remove pork from the marinade. Cook in a pan on medium heat, until browned and fully cooked.
- Serve with garlic rice and fried egg.