- 8 square spring roll wrappers
- 4 ripe bananas or plantains
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Water for sealing wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Slice bananas into quarters, and roll the pieces in the brown sugar.
- Place 1-2 slices on one bottom corner of a wrapper, roll, fold, and seal. Repeat the process.
- Heat enough vegetable oil to fill a pan halfway. Fry the lumpia until golden brown on one side, flip and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Cook the other side until golden brown, flip and sprinkle the brown sugar on top again.
- Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve alone or with ice cream.