To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade App
- Hey guys Jenn here, I'm in a different setup today, in my car, because I'm bringing my best friend Clifton to Jollibee in Jersey City. Do you know what Jollibee is? Uhhh, a Filipino insect. It's Filipino fast-food. Oh! Even better. No, both are delicious, insects and fast-food. Okay great, let's go. Let's go. Have you ever had Filipino fast-food before? Uh, no not even close. What dyou think it consists of? I don't know, sausages, and eggs? I don't know. Sausages and eggs. Pretty close.
- [Jenn] There it is.
- [Clifton] Oh my god, this place is intense!
- [Jenn] Oh look it's our friend. We just realized, and this is embarrassing for me because I'm half Filipino, Jollibee means, Means a jolly bee. He's so jolly! Who would've known? I thought it was a Filipino word. I love that there's a rice cooker in a fast-food restaurant, it's so bizarre, but awesome, I can't wait! Alright we got it! It's raining, we got it! We got it! Woohoo! It's raining but I don't give a damn cause I can't wait to eat. Woo! Woo! Okay. Alright, check this out. Got it ready. We're gonna go eat all the food at home base, but for right now, we're gonna have some halo halo. You see like there's ice cream on top. So we're gonna have this first, because we don't want it to melt on the way to home base. Halo halo stands for mix mix, so they provide you with a spoon-- Oh that's what this is for. Yeah and then you're just gonna mix it up. Mmmm! Mmm! What is the purple ice cream made out of? That's ube, which is like a purple yam. Ah my god. And this might be, cheese corn? What? I don't know. Mmmmm. Mmm! Mm! On the bottom here, there's a whole bunch of stuff. So get in there. I just mix it all in? Oh shit. Oh shit. I halo halo'd too hard. Mmm there's some beans. There's beans in, oh oh. Very, oh my god, delicious. You might be thinking that we spoiled our appetite by having dessert first, but, no-- Are you kidding? Do you know who we are? I mean-- You're about to find out. Have we met? Here we are, our feast is ready. First up, Filipino spaghetti. The last time I had Jollibee was in the Phillipines. I was very little. It actually smells really good though, I mean like a little bit peculiar looking, but pretty good. Yeah I mean, smells like spaghetti sauce. It smells like spaghetti sauce, you're right. Right? Filipinos, fork and spoon. Fork and spoon. Just a little bit of everything. Get a little of the sauce, alright-- Cheers. Cheers. It's sweet but-- It's really sweet. I don't actually hate it. I was thinking you were not gonna like it. So was I, actually. Really? It's kinda hot though. Next up another form of noodles, Palabok fiesta noodles. Palabok? Fiesta. Palabok. Palabok. Pa, palabok. Palabok. Pa, now I don't know. Palabok? You make me question my existence. Sorry. So I think I see some eggs, and shrimp, a sauce with some breadcrumbs. I think this is chicharon, like pork rinds. Crumbled up Chicharon, ahhh. It looks like-- It's gonna be good, wow. Bacon but it's not!
- [Clifton] Love the color.
- [Jenn] Ooooh, it's festive. It's a fiesta.
- [Clifton] Very festive. No. No. I'm not mad at it, you know at first a lot of flavors and textures hit me. I'm really confused, right now actually.
- [Clifton] Are we eatin the same thing? There's a little familiar taste for me because I've had Palabok before, but. I think I'd like it better if it had rice. Oooh. Yeah. Is that a thing? I dunno if that's a thing.
- [Jenn] Chicken joy.
- [Clifton] Yes.
- [Jenn] Fried chicken.
- [Clifton] I'm so ready. With not, this white stuff is not mashed potatoes, no.
- [Clifton] It is rice. And with gravy! Gravy and rice. Oh my god.
- [Jenn] The dip in the gravy bath.
- [Clifton] I'm gonna go for the bite. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmmm. Yo. That's it. Word. That's it right there. Wow. That's good chicken. It is kinda like Roy Rodgers. It really is! You guys remember Roy Rodgers? It's really light--
- [Clifton] And crunchy and airy.
- [Jenn] And not too oily! Good job Jollibee! This Chicken Joy givin me joy.
- [Clifton] Little bit of gravy on our rice here. Mmm kinda like Thanksgiving gravy. Yeah! I'm a little thrown off. Peach mango pie. This packaging right away tells me 'McDonald's apple pie'. Right, totally. Right? Alright, ready? Last one! Alright. Mmmmmm! Mmmmm! It's such a great melding of flavors, the peach and the mango. It's not too sweet, I was worried about that, to be honest. Yeah. The consistency's so good on the inside, right? It's not like, it's not too pureed, but not too chunky. Perfect. I have to say this is my favorite thing. Yeah me too. Well, chicken and this. Chicken was really good. How's life? It's better now.