- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup peeled raw shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, honey, mirin, soy sauce, green onion, ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- Place about one teaspoon of the filling at the center of each wonton skin. Moisten all four edges of wonton wrapper with water, then pull the corners together and squeeze the top to create a comet shape. Continue until all wrappers are used.
- Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Drop wontons and carrots in, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve.