- 100 grams cold butter, cut into 1 centimeter blocks
- 200 grams bread flour, sifted
- 100 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 20 grams baking powder
- 30 grams granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 160 grams milk
- Combine all ingredients except for the milk. Mix together with hands, pressing the butter into the flour mixture. Once mixture becomes like coarse sand, make a well in the center. Pour in the milk.
- Immediately work to combine ingredients well until it forms a dough.
- Roll out to about a half inch thick. Fold the dough over itself and roll out again. Repeat this 10 times.
- Finally roll dough out to half inch in thickness and cut with a floured biscuit or cookie cutter.
- Arrange biscuits onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes at 210 degrees C.
- Serve as is or with maple syrup.