- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder, plus more for decoration
- Whipped cream
- Coarse sweet red been paste (tsubuan)
- Sweet-boiled chestnuts
- 10 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees. Prepare a springform pan with oil and parchment paper.
- For the meringue, add the granulated sugar to the egg whites and leave standing for 9 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, cream cheese and milk. Cook until melted, then remove from heat. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add egg yolks. Sift in the flour, cornstarch and matcha green tea powder. Stir to combine.
- Use a blender to bring the meringue to stiff peaks. Fold meringue into cheesecake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool, then remove from pan and sprinkle with matcha green tea powder. Slice and add whipped cream, coarse sweet red been paste (tsubuan), and sweet-boiled chestnuts.