Fluffy Yam Omelette Pancake
These omelete pancakes are anything but flat. Add some fluff to your stuff!
- 90g yam, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 20g mayonnaise
- 1 slice fish cake (“Hanpen”)
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper
- 10g butter
- 10g cooking oil
- 10g dried bonito flakes
- 5g nori seaweed flakes
- 10g red pickled ginger
- 20g Japanese sauce
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Combine the egg whites and fish cake in a blender.
- In a bowl, mix together yam, egg yolks, soy sauce, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Heat butter and cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Pour the batter into the frying pan.
- Cook until the bottom side of the batter is cooked through and easy to slide.
- Slide the omelette pancake onto a plate while folding it in half.
- Top with Japanese sauce, dried bonito flakes, red pickled ginger, and nori seaweed flakes.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE