- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 3 halved pineapple rings
- 1/4 cup red onion, 1-inch dice
- 1/4 cup assorted bell peppers, 1-inch dice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Zest and juice of half of a lime
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Preheat oven or grill to 400 degrees.
- Fold heavy duty aluminum foil in half to create a 12x17-inch rectangle, with the dull side facing up and the narrow side facing you.
- Spray center with nonstick spray and lay the halved pineapple rings, red onion and peppers down.
- Place the 2 drumsticks over the vegetables.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the barbecue sauce, soy sauce, lime and garlic together.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon on each of the drumsticks.
- Fold in two sides of the foil and seal, then fold up bottom and top to seal edges (not too tightly-steam should be able to escape).
- Bake or grill on indirect heat for 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through at 165 degrees. For extra char, throw the packet directly on coals or other direct heat for 5 minutes, or open the packet and broil until slightly charred.
- Serve with remaining sauce.