- 1/2 cup unsalted butter + more for buttering baking dish
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8 cups day-old country sourdough, cut or torn into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, picked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, picked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, and sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender.
- Toss sautéed veggies in a bowl together with bread, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour in chicken stock and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour stuffing into a buttered baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until warmed through and golden brown on top.