- For the dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoon milk, lukewarm
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pour out the flour on a clean surface and form a small trough. Add a little of the lukewarm milk, the yeast and a little sugar to the center, and gently mix with your fingers for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the milk, the sugar, egg, butter, salt and pepper. Knead everything to a smooth dough. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Shape into a rectangle.
- Brush with the melted butter, then sprinkle with the combined cinnamon and sugar. Roll the dough into a roll, and cut into pieces about 2 inches thick. Place on a baking sheet and use the end of a wooden spoon to gently press down on the middle of each piece.
- Brush with more melted butter, and bake at 340°F for about 15 minutes until golden brown.