- 1/4 ounces of warm milk
- 1/4 ounces of water
- 1/3 ounces of dry yeast
- 7 ounces butter at room temperature
- 18 ounces flour
- 2 1/2 ounces sugar
- Frying oil
- In a bowl, mix the milk, water and yeast. Reserve.
- In another bowl mix the butter, flour and sugar and beat until crumbly.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and knead to form a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Open the dough in a cross format. Fold the ends of the cross into the center of the dough, forming a square.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Repeat the process and let it rest for another hour.
- Open the dough, cut with a large round cutter.
- Arrange in a pan let it grow for another 30 minutes.
- With a smaller cutter, make holes in the center forming a donut.
- Fry in hot oil until lightly browned.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE