This crispy, hot and cold treat is everything you'd want in a dessert.
Fried Ice Cream
- 1 qt ice cream
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups cinnamon toast cereal
- 2 eggs + 1 tablespoon milk, beaten
- Chocolate sauce for serving
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Line small bowls with plastic wrap. Scoop some ice cream into the bowls and immediately wrap the plastic around the ice cream to create balls. Place in the freeze to harden again for about an hour.
- In a food processor, pulse the corn flakes and cinnamon toast cereals into crumbs. Place in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
- Remove ice cream ball from the freezer. Working one-by-one, roll each ball in the egg mixture, and then toss around in the cereal crumbs to fully coat. Place back in the freezer for at least one hour to firm up well.
- Heat enough oil to cover the balls to 375°F. Work in batches to fry all the balls until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with chocolate sauce.