- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil for rolling the dough
- 3 cups Vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil and mix.
- Sift plain flour and baking powder into the eggs, sugar and vegetable oil mixture. Fold until combined and texture is slightly softer than cookie dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp of dough for each donut and shape the mixture into balls the size of ping pong balls.
- Bring the oil in the deep fryer to 300-320ºC over medium-low heat.
- Place the donuts into the fryer and cook for around 7-8 minutes.
- When donuts balls crack and golden brown, remove from the oil and place them over a paper towel to drain the excess oil.