- 1 ½ cups ground Fritos (about 3 cups whole Fritos)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups leftover chili
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup canned green chilis, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes
- Green onions
- Whole Fritos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a food processor, grind Fritos into a fine powder.
- In a bowl, mix together Frito powder, flour and melted butter. Press into pie dish to form the crust. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake Frito crust for 12 to 18 minutes. Let cool slightly before adding the filling. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine chili and egg. Pour chili into crust. Next, layer corn, onions and green chilis. Top with cheddar cheese, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let pie cool slightly before adding a layer of warmed refried beans. Make a lattice design with sour cream, and garnish with tomatoes, green onions and whole Fritos. Be creative! Enjoy!