- For the Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (4 whole graham crackers crushed!)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Lime Curd Filling
- 2 large egg yolks
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- For the Chocolate Topping
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- To make the Crust:
- In a small bowl combine the cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter; stir until evenly combined. Press the crumb mixture into the prepared pie pan, taking care to pack it in tightly and press it up the sides of the pan. Place the pie pan on a baking sheet and chill for 30 min.
- To make the Lime Curd Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric handheld mixer, beat the egg yolks and condensed milk until light and creamy; about 3 minutes. Next add in the lime zest and key lime juice; beat until completely combined. Microwave for 4 minutes, then pour into prep prepared shell. Freeze for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, dip a very sharp knife into hot water, then slice the pie into 4 pieces. Use a small sharp knife to make a slit in the back of the pie crust, then slide a wooden popsicle stick in the end of each crust. Don't worry if a little bit of the crust crumbles here; it only natural! Place the pops back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time mixing each time until smooth. Dip Frozen pie into the chocolate to half way. Allow to cool on a baking sheets lined with baking paper. Serve frozen.