- 1/2 cup 100% papaya juice
- 1/2 cup 100% cherry or grape juice
- 1/2 cup 100 % strawberry juice
- 6 tablespoons agar agar flakes, divided
- 1 1/2 cups grapeseed oil (vegetable oil or other neutral-flavored oil works too), divided
- Plain crackers and cheese for serving
- Chill the oil:
- Divide the oil among the 3 containers, and place the containers in the fridge to get cold, at least 45 minutes.
- Dissolve the agar agar:
- In batches, add each juice to a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in 2 tablespoons of the agar agar flakes. Cook each juice for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the flakes begin to dissolve. Transfer each juice back into its jar to cool slightly.
- Remove the cold oil from the fridge. Using an eyedropper, drop droplets of the juice into the cold oil so it creates small, gummy balls. Place the container back in the fridge while you make the other colors.
- When you're ready to serve, strain the fruit caviar, gently rinsing away any excess oil under the faucet. Serve with crackers and cheese.