- For the apple and cheddar quesadillas:
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the rainbow skewers:
- 4-6 strawberries, whole
- 1 large orange, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 kiwi, cut into wedges
- 4-6 blueberries
- 4-6 purple grapes
- To make the quesadilla, add 2 tablespoon. cheese over half of the tortilla. Arrange apple slices, slightly overlapping, over the cheese, then sprinkle 2 more tablespoon. cheese over the apples. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Arrange the quesadillas in the skillet without overlapping and cook, gently flipping once, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Wash and slice all fruit, as needed. Place the fruit onto skewers, in rainbow order.
- Place all ingredients into a lunch box and store in the refrigerator.