- ½ cup white sushi rice (short grain rice)
- 2 cups water
- black sesame seeds
- caster sugar to sprinkle
- ½ cup diced mango (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup diced peaches (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup diced strawberries (fresh or canned)
- fresh mint to decorate
- Place rice into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let it soak for 2 hours. Pour rice into a sift and run under water until water turns clear. Place into a medium sized pot and pour 1 ½ cups water into the pot. Bring to a gentle boil, cover with lid and cooke for 10 min on low heat. Rice should be tender and fluffy.
- Let it cool for 10 min and then place about 2 tbsp of rice into each donut hole of a donut baking tray. You can grab these online or in cake supply and decorating stores. Let them chill until cold.
- Careful place a chopping board on top of the baking tray and flip over. Carefully pull the baking tray away. Either sprinkle with sugar or if firm and together enough place into a bowl of sugar and gently twirl in sugar to cover the top and side.
- Use a kitchen blow torch to torch sugar or place under a broiler for 60 seconds.
- Finish off by decorating with peaches, mango, strawberry, fresh mint and sesame seeds.