- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 oz ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp hot chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 can tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 portions pre-made pizza dough
- Diced jalapeños
- Lime juice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the ground beef and salt and cook over a high heat until well browned.
- Scoop it out of the pan and put to one side while you cook the onions and peppers.
- Once the vegetables are starting to soften, add in the garlic and jalapeño, followed by the chili powder, cumin and coriander.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then add in the tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes or so until the you have quite a dry mixture, then tip it into a clean bowl to cool.
- Put the three grated cheeses, onion, jalapeño and cornstarch into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add enough evaporated milk to stick it all together in a thick paste.
- Roll out the first pizza dough 12 inches across and put it onto a floured baking tray.
- Pile the cheese mixture in the middle, and use your hands to compact it into a mound.
- Mix the grated cheese through the cooled taco mixture and create a ring of that - leaving about an inch clear on each side.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and lay it on top, making sure you have a good seal around the cheese mound, and also the edges of the dough. Crimp the edges with a fork then use a sharp knife to cut ‘petal’ sections - make sure you only cut into the inside of the beef mix, no further.
- Carefully twist each petal onto its side - pinching the bottom edge together, and revealing the taco mix on the top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the taco ring for 20 minutes, until the dough has risen and is browned.
- Carefully slice off the top of the cheese mound to reveal the queso and stir to bring it together.
- Serve topped with extra jalapeños, coriander and a squeeze of lime.