- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Powdered sugar for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, combine milk, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and sugar. Add to wet ingredients one third at a time, mixing until batter is smooth. Then fold in butter.
- Heat oil to 350F. Pour batter into a funnel and close the opening with your finger or funnel stopper. Release the batter from the funnel and pour batter in a line (it will look like ribbons) and stop flow. Fry 3 to 4 at a time, until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove fries, drain, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE